Environmental Health and Safety is in charge of the disposal of hazardous waste including chemical, biological, and medical waste for UMBC community. In accordance with the University’s procedures for chemical waste disposal, ESH removes regulated or potentially regulated chemical waste from University facilities. The types of wastes collected include laboratory reagents, spent solvents, batteries, and used oil.
To request a chemical waste pick-up for The Columbus Center, please click here to fill out and submit a waste removal form.
To request a chemical waste pick-up for The Main UMBC Campus, please email email@example.com and include the following information:
- Contact name, email, and phone number
- Location of waste (building, room number)
- Type of waste, please include full name(s) and all constituents.
- Number and type of containers.
- Any pertinent information that would assist with waste determination, access, etc.
Please ensure that all waste containers are properly labeled with the following information prior to scheduling a waste pick-up:
- The words “Hazardous Waste”
- Building and room number where waste was generated
- Full names of all constituents within waste container
- The relative percentages of each constituent
- Point of contact name and phone number
- Date of waste production
UMBC ESH provides fillable hazardous waste stickers that satisfy the above labeling requirements, call (5-2918) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a waste label drop off. UMBC ESH also offers a printable hazardous waste label and a reference sheet of Hazardous Waste Container Labeling at UMBC.
If you are unsure about how to classify chemical waste or have any questions please contact UMBC ESH at (5-2918) or email@example.com