Work-Related Injury or illness


All work related injuries should be addressed as soon as possible. Use the guidance listed below to properly report and seek treatment for your injury.


Steps to Take Following a Work-Related Injury or Illness


For Employees (including student employees injured on the job):

  1. Report your injury to your supervisor as soon as possible and have them perform all supervisor responsibilities listed below.
  2. Seek treatment for your injury if needed. If it is a medical emergency, call or have someone else call 911 or Campus Police at 410-455-5555You may seek medical treatment for your injury at a care provider of your choosing, however the following are nearby providers you may wish to utilize:
      • Concentra Urgent Care (Arbutus)

1419 Knecht Ave, Baltimore, MD 21227

Open 24 Hours

Phone: 410-247-9595

      • Express Care Urgent Care Center

3815 Wilkens Ave, Baltimore, MD 21229

Open 9 am to 9 pm daily

Phone: 667-212-5920

      • Patient First

6333 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, MD 21228

Open 8 am to 8 pm daily

Phone: 443-514-1361

      • UMBC Center for Well Being 

Located between Susquehanna Hall and Chesapeake Hall, behind True Grit’s

Open 8:30 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday

Phone: 410-455-2542

After Hours: 410-455-3230


3. Complete an Employee’s Report of Work-Related Injury Form, even if the injury is minor or you did not need to seek medical treatment. If you need a paper form, notify ESH at 5-2918.


For Supervisors:

  1. Provide any necessary immediate assistance to the injured employee.
  2. Complete a Supervisor’s Report of Work-Related Injury Form.
  3. Confirm if there were any witnesses to the incident and have any witnesses complete an Accident Witness Statement.


All incident forms are available in paper form and can be requested from ESH at 5-2918. Paper forms should be scanned and emailed to or faxed to ESH at 410-455-1166.

For more information, click here for the Brochure Guide for the Injured Worker from Chesapeake Employers Insurance.

NOTE: For all others, including students who are not student employees at UMBC:

If you need treatment following an injury/illness on campus, report to Retriever Integrated Health (RIH), located at the Center for Well Being. For more information visit or call 410-455-2542. Hours 8:30am to 5 pm M-F. After hours, call 410-455-3230. If you are experiencing an emergency, call Campus Police at 410-455-5555.